The School Resource unit is comprised of 4 School Resource Officers (SROs) who are assigned to each of the two High Schools and Middle Schools located within the Town of Yorktown.
School Resource Officers:
- Promote a better understanding of our laws, why they were enacted and their benefits.
- Provide a visible and positive image for law enforcement.
- Serve as a confidential source of counseling to students concerning problems they face.
- Bring expertise into schools that will help young people make more positive choices in their lives.
- Work to protect the school environment and to maintain an atmosphere where teachers feel safe to teach and students feel safe enough to learn
To learn more about each of our SRO’s, click on the links to the right.